Your First Orthodontic Visit
On your first visit to Orthodontic Care Specialists, we will:
- Evaluate your orthodontic needs.
- Determine the probable treatment.
- Estimate the length and cost of your orthodontist treatment plan.
When you are ready to begin your orthodontic treatment a "Diagnostic Records" appointment will be scheduled to obtain necessary information to form a precise diagnosis and orthodontist treatment plan. If we determine your treatment should begin at a later date, we will suggest periodic visits to our office until you are ready for treatment.
An orthodontic treatment plan will be determined after your diagnostic records are taken and evaluated. These records include:
- Photographs and models of your teeth
- Special x-rays
Once the diagnosis is finalized, we will meet with you to present the recommended treatment and discuss financial options and arrangements.
The fee for your diagnostic records will be due at this appointment.
What to Bring
- Your current dental insurance card.
- Legal photo ID
- X-rays (if applicable). X-rays from a previous dentist or physician can be forwarded to our office.
- A list of your current medications.